Sunday, November 6, 2011

Staple marks and open edges



The day after staples were removed
the scar is uneven and lumpy.  The surgeon said to begin sitting on the edge of the bed for 10 minutes at a time, several times per day.  Then  gradually increase the sitting time over a  2 week period.  Some people experience low blood pressure (fainting) when sitting upright after 3 weeks in bed.  I did not. However, the loose and uneven nature of the scar made me hesitate to put much weight, or pulling on the area.  So I continued bedrest (turning every 3-4 hours) for another week. Began rubbing the surgery site with cocoa butter and vitamin e oil to soften and heal the scar. Kept up the 60 grams of protein per day.  The second week I sat up for 30 minutes twice, with no dizzyness. Stil stayed off the wound site--on my side, on the couch or in bed. Next visit with doctor soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment